My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Recipe: Goat Brie with Grapes

Finally added pic 12/31/09:


I bought a lot of goat brie on sale last week (I love "orange sticker" sales, don't you?!?!), so I thought I'd do another recipe that Jessica and I did that "cheese-tasting" party. Believe me... this one is very addictive!

Ingredients:
-goat milk brie
-brown sugar
-red grapes

Directions:
Pan-spray a baking pan or cookie sheet. Cut the brie in half, horizontally, to make 2 thin circles of brie instead of having 1 thick circle. Place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each with brown sugar (we used dark). Cut red grapes in half and place cut side down on the sugared-brie. Bake in 350 degree F oven until the cheese and sugar get bubbly. Serve with plain or dessert cracker. This is a dessert that is beyond yummy!

Be careful as the cheese gets very hot.

Note: I don't usually buy grapes because they are very hard to properly clean, and are among the top items of produce that carry residual pesticides. However, sometimes I feel lucky when I'm in the health food store so I get some.

Can you use green grapes? Sure, if you want to, but green grapes are a little more sour, and the taste won't be as delectable as when you use red grapes. Your choice.

No comments: