My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Offer placed for land

Here's the big news. We got a call from our agent, saying that all offers for the piece of property we're interested in must be made by yesterday at noon. So we scrambled, arranged our schedules, and discussed numbers. We don't have much cash, but pay our bills on time every month with a tad bit more to spare. So we based our offer on what we can reasonably afford in a monthly mortgage payment. The agent and our mortgage broker weren't happy with us for making an offer about 8K less than the asking price, but our opinion is... we can only try! If the bank doesn't like it (short sale), and rejects our offer for someone else's (there were 2 other offers, at least, being submitted at the same time), then we'll keep looking.

So after our vision appointments (Hubby and I both need new glasses, my cornea degeneration is getting worse, and the Kid is perfect!), and Hubby's and Kid's dental appointments (aw man, don't get me started!), we headed to the agent's office yesterday to sign documents and get the offer in on time.

HOWEVER... by 3 p.m., we got an e-mail (yes, not even a phone call!) that we didn't get the house. Bummer. We'll keep looking.

= = = = =

Meanwhile, we painted ceramics today. Most gifts this holiday season are just gift cards because, frankly, I'm too cheap for large amounts of postage! However, 3 gifts this year will be ceramics that we painted. Hubby and I also painted mugs for ourselves, and the Kid painted a license plate for himself.

Next week I test the Kid for his 7th grade studies. Fun fun... sure wish I could find the box I put those test booklets in! Then he gets a couple of weeks off, then starts 8th grade the first week in January. We school year round, except for little breaks here and there, so he'll wrap up 8th grade the end of 2010. Hope he actually understand math by then; everything else is up to snuf, grade and age level.

Weather has been below freezing since last Saturday. Today finally got ever so slightly more than freezer - yippee!! Here's what's on our bed: 1 sheet, 3 comforters, 1 blanket, 1 afghan, 1 quilt folded into 2 layers, and another blanket. That's 9 layers! Finally, I was warm last night!

The bunny has finally settled down in the garage. We have a fan blowing warm air on her, and we've caught her putting her little white butt towards the fan. Unfortunately, now I'm finding her angora white fiber on the other side of the room, blown by the fan into the potatoes! I covered them with a towel! At least she's happy now. And she's not nearly as mean as she has been. We keep the radio set on classical music for her, and have a light on a timer so she's not in the dark 24/7. I think she's pretty happy there. And we visit several times a day, bringing carrots twice a day, and salad with the evening carrots.

I guess that's in for now. Ah, the saga of my life!

No comments: