My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Recipe: Goat Brie with Herbs de Provence

Finally got around to posting the pic... 12/31/09:


I bought some herbs the other day, including a little bulk baggie of "herbs de provence". This is a combination of winter savory, thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon, and lavender flowers. I had a wonderful idea in mind when I picked them up and put them in my cloth bag. Goat brie topped with herbs.

Funny story. Several years ago, before Hubby, I had a friend, Jessica. She and her family lived in an odd small house, with ducks in the backyard. We (them and the Kid and I) shared a meal from time to time, and it was during one of these easy meals that Jessica and I realized there were so many non-cow cheeses out there that we'd never tried. So... one weekend, we went to the cheese section of the local health food store, and bought all kinds of goat and sheep-milk cheeses. There were several packages of brie. Here's what we did with one:

Ingredients:
-goat's milk brie
-herbs de provence

Directions:
Pan-spray a cookie sheet or baking pan. Cut a circle of brie in half, horizontally, so that you'll have 2 circles of brie. Place each on the baking pan. Sprinkle herbs de provence on each, pretty much covering them. Bake in a 350 degree F oven until melted and bubbly.

Serve with crispy crackers or toast points. It's ok to eat the rind! And be careful... the cheese is very hot on the roof of your mouth!

Guess what Hubby gets this weekend! Can't wait!

No comments: