My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

INSURANCE IS A NO-GO

Service dogs cost anywhere from $4,000 to $35,000. I chose a trainer not too far away who can find us a puppy and train it all through the certifications to become an autism-and-epilepsy service dog... for about $5,000 to $7,000. I also found a local foundation that will (hopefully) give us a grant of $2,500 towards that cost. I've sent the application but they haven't told me one way or the other.

I called our health insurance company. Wanted to know if they pay any (or all!!) of a service dog for someone with a medical diagnosis of autism and epilepsy.

No go.

Not even a penny!

So ... it's back to the drawing board. I have a new friend, Nora, helping to locate possible sources of more grants. The foundation that hopefully give us that $2,500 AND the trainer will also help us with the fundraising.

That's not bad.

I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions on how to raise the additional $2,500-$4,000 (also for a bed monitor). ANY suggestions will be appreciated.

Meanwhile, my Kid hasn't had another Tonic-Clonic seizure since May 18, although he's had a few simple-partials. It's been two weeks since his last TC seizure.

He's been on one pill in the evening only. Today he started taking one pill in the morning two. In another 2 weeks, there's another change to the meds. The doc and pharmacist both said he'll probably have "break-through" seizures while the medication is getting into his system. I hope not. It's a terrifying experience, although I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Still have more work to do to his upstairs bedroom. Have the padded headboard to make and curtains to hang.

No comments: