My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Gardeners Choice Nursery and mid-terms

If you read my posting: http://vikkisverandah.blogspot.com/2010/05/douglas-fir-holly-and-fruit-trees.html then you know that I was duped by Gardeners' Choice Nursery just because of their prices and different-looking catalog.

Long story short.... ordered 14 trees 2 months ago, received 3 unidentified trees, all three broken. Finally got a hold of GC and after much arguing with Erin, got a promise of a refund for those trees no longer available, and a resend of the three broken, plus will include those that somehow didn't get in the box.

Hmmm..

Hubby and I talked over the weekend, and we decided to cancel the whole thing. Send the e-mail on Saturday, I think. Then I tried to call this morning, and got hung up on twice! So I just now called Spring River Nursery, their affiliate, at 269-621-2259. Spoke with Wanda. Very nice customer service person. Explained what happened, and that I want the entire order canceled, with a complete refund. She said she put it through.

Sure hope it does go through.

May I reitterate.... PLEASE do not order anything through Gardeners' Choice. Check out http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/928/ for more info.

UPDATE 6/15/10: Refund received. My thanks to Spring River Nursery. Doesn't change my mind about Gardeners' Choice so won't use them again.

= = = =

Meanwhile, I am spending the next few days preparing mid-terms for my 8th grader. U.S. History, World History, Science, Language Arts, Spanish, and Math. No mid-term for literature because I test after every book he finishes, and he is one of those people who freezes up doing a test.

He's got this week and next of schoolwork, then he'll get an entire week of tests, then 2 weeks off from school. Good. Will need his help in the garden and with the critters!

No comments: