My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

We layed an egg, and CAT GONNA GO

That laying hen we got on Sunday? Checked yesterday (Monday) morning and nothing so replenished her food and water. Checked in the afternoon and there was an egg! Our first! Okay, so we didn't do the actual work but I do not care! We got our first egg (light blue/green) and we are so excited that we have started calling the chicken "Henny Penny". Fine. We're not as unconventional as we thought.

I took picture of it next to some of our quail eggs, and progress pix of the construction of the goat and chicken pens and will post later on.

Still getting used to having a kitten. Mews all night long, and purrs like an old Chevy when it's held. Hope it's getting used to us... cuz I ain't used to it! I HATE cleaning up cat poo! Why was I stuck with it?!?!

Oil spill ... now on Plan D in containing that thing. Yep... stocked up on canned fish and other products last week. Sorry about what's happening to the coasts there... Florida, Louisiana, Texas, etc.

We're expecting a snow-storm this evening and tomorrow morning. Possibly 12-24 inches. Good thing I didn't have a chance to completely put away our winter clothing. Think we're gonna wait to put the goats in their new pen... even if it's finished today!

Gotta get busy. Have a great one, everybody.

Please plant a nut or fruit tree today.

= = = =

Updated at 9:40 a.m.: The kitten's gotta go. The Kid promised he would take care of it, and he isn't. That was the condition, so I've placed an ad on Craigslist for him. He's cute, but I have enough critters to learn to take care of! Maybe later we'll get a barn cat, all ready to go to the barn. Here's a pic (he's mewing, not biting!):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kitten misses its mother. It should have a litter box. Put a wind up cloock in its bed/box and llet it tick all night.

Vee said...

Thanks anon, but he did have a litter box. I'm sure he missed his mama and siblings but like I posted, it was just too many new animals. The Kid decided he didn't want the responsibility, so the kitten was picked up before lunch today. A good lady took him, ready to raise to be a barn cat. We're all happy. Vikki