My current home doesn't have a verandah but I'd like it to! A long porch surrounding the entire house. With a porch swing, potted blueberry plants, and a long strong dog laying at my feet. The sweet smell of lrosemary and freshly-turned soil wafting across my yard. The chickens clucking contentedly as they scratch for goodies in the fertile dirt. Knowing we have a full root cellar, trees in the orchard about to drop their bounty, and soup made all from hand-picked harvests bubbling in the crockpot. Heaven.

Please move with me over to my current blog, ... thank you!

Stones Derail Plans

I worked really hard on Monday, moving boxes around to find the Kid's schoolwork, my Hubby's vitamin supplements, and dishes, among other things. I started getting abdominal and back pains, and just assumed I had pulled something.

By Tuesday morning, I hurt so bad I barely got out of bed to see Hubby off to work. Within a couple of hours, vomiting hit me, and after the second attack in 1 hour, I called my health plan. Made arrangements and Hubby drove the hour home to take me to doc. His tests led to even more intense pain, lab tests, x-rays and pain killers (thank you). Finally got my results when the doc called me at 10:10 p.m.... kidney stones. Lots of them.

The pain killers helped a little but kept me awake all night, to listen to the sounds of the house and the coyotes outside. At least the pain started to subside a little.

This morning, I increased the apple cider capsules I take daily, along with multi-B and cranberry, and have dandelion capsules waiting for me at the health store. I'm halfway through a gallon of distilled water for today. Meanwhile, some are breaking up and going on their way, accompanied by the sound of my in-pain-moans and groans. The Kid is being very helpful, taking care of me and doing his schoolwork without argument.

Tomorrow I have a CT scan to get more details about how many, size and so forth. Guess afterwards, doc and I will come up with a course of action. Meanwhile, I only unpacked dishes today. Well, and checked schoolwork. Fun fun.

Back to bed.


Marcia Moir said... poor kid...I used to get umbilical hernia and gall bladder attacks but 2 surgeries made all well...will you be facing surgery?..From my experience the surgery was the easiest part of the whole ordeal...hope your issues are resolved quickly...take it easy...unfortunately the boxes and organizing will wait for you!!..Marcy

Vikki said...

After my CT scan tomorrow, doc will tell me how bad it is, then discuss options, whether surgery or time or whatever. I've passed several today already but he said I have lots here. Fun fun. Glad YOU are better. I'm definitely working on my health better.

And are you SURE the boxes and organizing will wait? Perhaps someone will sneak into the house tonight and do it for me?!?! V

fullfreezer said...

Oh dear! When it rains it pours! A friend of mine had kidney stones a few years ago and had them broken up with some sort of ultrasound (I think) procedure. It evidently shatters them into smaller pieces so they will pass. A non-surgical, outpatient procedure. Make sure you ask about all the options.
Hang in there and take care of yourself.