My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Stones vs Snow

I had barely left the hospital yesterday (where I had my CT scan) when I got a call from the doc. Already had the results! Yes, I had some kidney stones, one fairly big and one just a little smaller. One was trying to escape, which I believe it did ... yesterday afternoon.

The doc started me on medication that will break them up, as well as an antibiotic since my kidney had become inflamed. I also took it upon myself to increase my intake of supplements: dandelion, apple cider vinegar, cranberry and corn silk.

If this doesn't work, the "pulse" laser thingy is next. That's what they did the last time, and it worked well in breaking them apart. I'm thinking I drink too much cow milk and that's already stopped.

I already feel less pain, so I'm figuring that it will be just another day or two before I've got the worst of them gone.

Meanwhile....

The weather services have been predicting a major snow storm for today. Denver, Colorado area. Supposed to get 6-12 inches or 8-24, depending on location. Supposed to start around midnight. Here it is 4:31 a.m. and we don't have even rain out here in the boonies yet. Weather.com says not until 8 a.m. out here, but that it's already raining and sleeting where Hubby works.

I did errands on the way home from hospital.... last minute groceries, especially stocking up on goat yogurt for the Kid. We have plenty of propane for heat (gotta get this fireplace checked out and firewood stocked) and have a pretty good idea where the candles and lighter are just in case the electricity goes out.

Our first blizzard out here. Yippee!

2 comments:

Trashdigger said...

it just started up here in the last 30-40 minutes.I have errands in Littleton and a memorial in Parker today.

Vee said...

Trash: Be careful driving. Parker got the snow early, and Littleton is supposed to get slammed. V