My current home doesn't have a verandah but I'd like it to! A long porch surrounding the entire house. With a porch swing, potted blueberry plants, and a long strong dog laying at my feet. The sweet smell of lrosemary and freshly-turned soil wafting across my yard. The chickens clucking contentedly as they scratch for goodies in the fertile dirt. Knowing we have a full root cellar, trees in the orchard about to drop their bounty, and soup made all from hand-picked harvests bubbling in the crockpot. Heaven.

Please move with me over to my current blog, ... thank you!

Day One, Thwarted Again!

First, thanks for all of the comments supporting us. We are concerned, and need to cross that tightrope between total bitchiness and being walked on. What a fine line.

Anyway, this morning we got up on time and started to get ready. Hubby went off to pick up the trailer from Mom-in-Law's house (where she got a citation for it for being on the street!), and I went to Target for a better screwdriver set, spackle and a few other items. Of course, I had to scrape ice off my car first.

After loading the trailer with various boxes from the garage, some cleaning supplies and some stuff from the pantry, we headed on to the house. Over an hour drive. Each way. Got there just as the radon mitigation guy showed up. It took him almost 4 hours to drill the holes in concrete and drywall, and all kinds of other stuff.

And because Hubby's alternator was acting up by the time we got there, we unloaded the trailer, put up some curtains, put food away in the pantry, and left when the radon guy left. Just in case we needed a jump.

Barely made it back to town to take the car to the shop. Need it overnight. That means we left the car in the shop, the trailer in their parking lot, and my mom-in-law picked us up, let us buy her dessert while we ate dinner, and dropped us off at home. And that means that my 1984 Chrysler has to take us out to the property tomorrow morning at 9:00 so we can meet the, er, person that the seller promised free-access to our home. Yeah. We couldn't change the locks today (Hubby bought the wrong ones) but we did cut the power to the garage and workshop so the codes the seller gave him for the cute little keypads won't work.

Ah. What a shame.

Also left a note on each keypad that "the new owners do NOT give you permission to enter"... with our number and last name. Clear case of trespassing if ANYTHING is different than what we left it.

Yep. If the buddy is there at 9:00 a.m., we're gonna let him have the drywall. ONLY. If not there by 10, we're leaving a note that his window has come and gone, and now it's all ours. We're not going to be jerks about it, but I figure an hour is really nice, especially considering we have to drive an hour to get there, in my car, that doesn't like to go over bumpy country roads or up inclines or, well, really anything beyond city driving.

I know. I need a "new" car.

Propane guy called me at 7:30 - had just put in 200 gallons in our propane tank. The minimum. And it was practically bone dry when he pulled up to it.

It was a short-sale so we couldn't scream and holler about much of these problems, but we are doing what we can. And if that very old Dodge is there by Wednesday morning when we get there, we're moving it into the workshop and advertising it on Craigslist.

I'm exhausted. I think we need to take some folding chairs tomorrow.

No comments: