My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Safe Evening Tonight. Please.

We don't do much for New Year's Eve. I'm usually sound asleep by 10 or half past. The Kid, however, wants to stay up to welcome the new year, so... here comes a TV-video marathon for him. Sooo glad his Winter vacation is almost up, so that he can start 8th grade next week.

Boiled eggs for lunch and while they cooked, I cleaned out part of my fridge. Hadn't realized there were so many yogurts thrust in the back of the bottom shelf - all expired. Found some baggies of various GF flours too. I just LOVE cleaning out the fridge... NOT!

Yesterday I posted a chores list for each of us. With some of the Kid's OCD tendencies, he's already taken to it like a duck to water. He likes being able to see what he's supposed to do. He followed it very closely yesterday, and today he's already finished what he needed to. Good for him.

Anyway, made my favorite tuna salad for lunch to eat with my homemade rosemary flax crackers, which actually didn't finish baking on time so I ate it with corn chips and rice crackers. Still delicious! Included a GF brownie with it (nope, not ready to give up sweets). Fixed a GF pizza with lots of turkey pepperoni on it for the Kid, who took time out from watching a movie to eat it.

We have an errand to do as soon as Hubby gets home from work, then we'll probably go to Village Inn to eat dinner. Breakfast foods, mostly meat, can usually be assured to be gluten-free. I hope anyway. I'll have bacon and eggs with maybe some grits or hash browns. The Kid will probably have bacon, applesauce and a baked potato. No clue what Hubby's in the mood for.

Then we'll go home. Hubby and I have a little champagne put away from before our move, so it's chilling in the garage with the bunny. Drinks in the garage come into the apartment feeling like they'd been refrigerated! We'll open the bubbly (uh oh, where's that bottle opener!) and maybe watch TV while we wait for the Kid to go to bed. Or we'll go to sleep and wake up to tell him to go to bed. Like last year!

Anyway, if you're reading this tonight, chances are you're at home, safe from the masses of drunk drivers, so good for you. But let's put out the good thoughts that this will be one of the safest New Year's Eves ever. People making smart decisions. Calling for a taxi or using a designated driver. Careful driving.

Happy New Year's, all! 2010, right? Unbelievable.

No comments: