My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Recipe: Italian Garlic Yeast Bread

I took my Simple Yeast Bread and changed it around a little. What's new, right? I just love experimenting with recipes, especially when I have all of the ingredients around me!

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil

1 teaspoon bread machine yeast

Directions:
Place the ingredients in your bread machine in order per your machine's manufacturer's requirements (mine says liquid, dry, yeast). I set it on medium or dark crust, and, as always, I'm impatient so I use the quick-baking setting.

Serve warm with melted butter. Perfect to serve with an Italian meal or simple soup. OR ... make, slice, top with cheese or sliced tomatoes/garlic/basil, and toast. Hmmm... my mouth is watering.

I have this going in my bread machine even as I type this. I'm thinking, since I can't eat wheat bread, that I'll take half of it, slice it, and melt some goat-milk brie on it, sprinkled with a bit more Italian seasoning on. I'll toast and it should be a hit with my lactose-intolerant Hubby! (He can have goat or sheep cheese, which is why we're gonna have goat or sheep on our mini-farm.)

No comments: