My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

No Call From Agent

I left a message for our agent early yesterday - via phone and e-mail, and asked for a call a.s.a.p. about when we can look at houses on Monday.

No call. No e-mail. And a former agent didn't call either. We couldn't even get a seller's agent to show us a listing that we're really interested in.

Is everyone in the real estate business here in the Denver area already taking off for Christmas?

= = = =

Meanwhile, today we decorated 2 stockings for Hubby's work. They gave us plain red felt stockings, we decorate and stuff, and return to Hubby's work with what age they're appropriate for. They will go to returning vets who won't have time to shop for their kids. Not masterpieces by any means, but still... we, as a family, decorated amidst arguments, spilt glitter-glue, and watching 2 christmas specials on TV.

= = = =

I got around to making both of the brie today... the brown sugar with grapes, and the herbs de provence. I'll try to add the pictures to this posting but it won't be at least until tomorrow. Hubby loved both; he's taking the leftover herbs cheese to work tomorrow (breakfast). I, of course, love all things sweet so together we finished off the 2 grapes and the 1 herbs. Yum! Simple, elegant, and outstanding.

= = = =

Tomorrow begins a full-week of 7-th grade testing for the Kid. He's not at all excited about it. Actually, gotta admit, neither am I. He is completely lost in math, so that will be testing at 3rd grade level, but the rest is 7th. I just love schooling him at home! No really, he's a good kid. And loves all of the literature I give him. He starts 8th grade coursework (except math!) in January, and he's excited about reading 1984,Watership Down, Kidnapped and many more. I'm also going to teach him basics for what I call "life skills" like gardening, manners, earning money, health and hygiene, etc. This will be his most intensive and busy school year yet. 12 months (with little breaks here and there). I just love child-led learning/education!

I'm so tired. I still have the lingering cough from the Swine Flu/H1N1-turned-bronchitis and am really really really tired of coughing and taking nyquil at night. They are getting rich off of me. Anyway, it's only 6:17 p.m. and I'm turning in for the night.

Hopefully my blogging will be back up to par soon. Thanks for stopping by! Vikki

No comments: