- new body: I weighed today. 270 lbs at 5'7". Fat, I know. And quite unhealthy, with various diseases, and bordering on diabetes. Plus, I want to get pregnant before I completely lose the ability. I want to mini-homestead so I can have more control over what foods we put in our bodies. I want to take better care of my teeth. Better care of my body, of my hair, of my circulatory system. I want to have a better respiratory system so that the next time the swine flu or other respiratory disease comes around, I can fight it off. I've started on this already. I've been up for about 2 hours. In that time, I've walked-in-place for 5 minutes (sorry, all I could manage), taken a shower, brushed my teeth, used mouth-rinse, and taken vitamins. Well, also packed my Hubby's lunchbox, started a load of laundry, and a few other non-me things. My goal for this first week: (1) increase movement, (2) take out all gluten from diet. Just that to start.
- new mind: I'm tired of being tired. Of trying to think and it just being so tiring. Trying to keep track of all of our schedules, and not having the energy to do a better job. Not sure yet how to accomplish this, except perhaps, with a better body, I'll be able to sleep better.
- new voice: I used to sing professionally. Now I sing when I get a song stuck in my head and just can't let it go. I want to sing more.
- new income: With my disabilities, my income capabilities are limited. Still.... I want to pull out my old books that I wrote years ago, dust them off, edit, and see if they are sellable. Perhaps even get back to writing non-fiction again.
- new parenting: I love my son, but I think I can do a better job guiding him. I may ask for help with this, from time to time, but it will be worth it. He's a happy 13 yr old, but he could have more opportunities to have friends. Perhaps joining a club, once we move.
I guess that's it for now. I'm changing my life. If you are too, I hope you'll join my blog and keep us updated!