My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Chicken and Potato Soup

I made this soup in my small crockpot yesterday, and it turned out just great!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lb chicken, cut in small chunks
2 tablespoons dried onion
1 tablespoon dried garlic
4 cups water
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 small potatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 cup mixed dried soup vegetables

Directions:
In a small crockpot, place olive oil in bottom, with the cut chicken pieces on top. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours (until chicken is cooked through). Add the water, onion and potatoes and cook on high until potatoes are tender, about 3 hours. Add the dried soup vegetables, salt and pepper to taste, and 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary leaves, if desired. Cook on low for another hour, then serve!

I served this with homemade Italian Garlic Yeast Bread (reciping coming soon!). Delish!

Note: While I use my crockpot almost daily, I realize some people don't ever or minimally. This recipe can be adjusted to cook on the stove. Use common sense.

No comments: