My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Temperature in Colorado

I usually keep our thermostat between 62 and 52 - just depends on how menopause is progressing. Yesterday and today, it really didn't matter. I am COLD!!!! We've been hit with an "arctic cold front" so yesterday, the temps dropped and a light dry snow drifted in. Today, the outside temp didn't get higher than 17 degrees F. Supposed to get below zero tonight. Cold. Brr. I actually wore a coat today.

If you knew me, you'd know that was soooo wrong. I have a thin sweater that I usually wear outdoors when it's between 30 and 50 degrees. I have a tank-tee on underneath, and that thin sweater is usually enough for me. But no... not today.

We were in the parking lot at Sam's when an elderly lady stopped us to ask "is it always this cold?" Poor thing had on just a pullover and capri pants, and couldn't have weighed more than 100 pounds. We said, no, actually, it doesn't usually get this cold, but be prepared because this Winter will get worse!

And it will.

I sure wish we were in our new house now. Roaring fire in the wood fireplace. Popcorn popping over the fire. Boiling water simmering in a campfire coffee pot, hanging over the fire. Hot mint tea in a hand-painted mug. Taking a break from playing board games or pouring over seed catalogs, surrounded by my unusual quilts and odd-crocheted afghans.

Come on, house. Where are you?

2 comments:

Stephan F- said...

Yes, it is COLD. I can feel it radiating in through the walls. We moved the beds to inside walls just to keep warm at night.

Vee said...

That's a really good idea. We will be tacking up blankets across our windows this weekend because, even without the heat on, the blinds are moving! Me thinks we have air leaks!

Keep warm.... Vikki