My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

OH, WHERE TO START?!?

The new girl goat (doe) is giving us about a half gallon of sweet milk a day. So far I've made rice pudding, cheese and yogurt. My Kid is drinking it straight, which is odd because last year he wanted me to boil it and add vanilla. Things sure do change.

The other doe is due to kid in late July/early August.  I have them separated from the boys, and they sure do love their new big pen. It's right on the leach field so it'll provide a regular supply of freshly-growing weeds and grasses. That'll cut down on our feed bill.

Orchard's not doing so well. Keeps threatening to rain, so I don't water it, then it doesn't rain. One apple tree doesn't look very good. Gave it (all the fruit trees) a good drink night before last so hopefully we can get them all in the pink of health soon.

I have about 25 roma tomato seedlings that I'd started; plan to plant them if I can tolerate the pressure on my foot, and the heat. I have about that many seedlings for other tomatoes, but for some reason most of them are dying. I'm not very happy about that.

Trying to get this school thing figured out for my Kid but it's not going well. Recently hearing bad things about the local high school where he attended for 2 classes since the beginning of April. Had our IEP meeting on May 8 but the things discussed in there are not happening the way as promised. Suddenly they are changing their tune about whether they'll give him credits for the homeschooling I'll continue to do. See, he starts in the fall with 4 classes and had originally said they'll even help supply textbooks for us to use for other credits we do at home. NOW they're telling me we have to use an accredited structured program or they won't help AND won't give him credits. ARGH!!!

My choice: re-enroll him in a private school that we'd used before: West River Academy. Link at top right. It's very open and non-structured, which is what we need. Seeing as we're still figuring out his meds, have an MRI scheduled in a couple of weeks to look for a tumor or other cause of his seizures, and might have brain surgery ... yeah, I think do-it-at-your-own-leisure is best. He'll be double-enrolled. I'll call the academy later but I'm thinking that's ok.

Life is busy and complicated. I don't need these high school people telling me that even tho I had given him a great foundation of learning, it's not satisfactory to continue doing that.

Bah and B.S.

No comments: