My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

WHAT CAUSES MY SON'S SEIZURES, and DIET

Someone posed the question, or thought, that maybe what my child eats/drinks (consumes) is causing his seizures.

I realize that people are trying to be helpful when they comment that maybe my son's diet is causing his seizures. Try the ketogenic diet to help. Add valerian or milk thistle. No processed foods.  So forth. And I thank you for all of your input.

My son's seizures are caused by a malformation in the right frontal lobe of his brain. Nothing that changing his diet can help. His brain simply doesn't connect correctly in a spot, and as he grows, the space gets bigger.  If meds can't help create a kind of a bridge, then he will need brain surgery to take out the part that's the problem.

Diet can't take care of that.

HOWEVER, his diet consists of our hen's eggs, organic cow milk OR (more often) rice milk, cheese, yogurt, fresh raw fruits and veggies, sunflower seeds, almonds, etc. He gets a small bowl of salted potato chips (because he has low blood pressure). His fave snack is sliced apples or a whole raw pear. Loves dried blueberries, mango, blackberries and peas. Eats almost daily a handful of carrots and when in season, ripe strawberries or blueberries or spinach from our garden. We also grow our own salad veggies.

He is gluten-free, and also avoids soy, cashews, corn, peanuts, artificial colors and flavors, and preservatives.

Thanks again.

=====================

Today, for my birthday last week, we planted:
9 blueberry bushes (4 different kinds, most with berries already starting to form)
3 yellow raspberry bushes
3 red raspberry bushes
3 blackberry bushes
2 reliance red grape vines
1 elderberry plant

/Then we got rained on! This coming week, depending on my son and my own energy, I'm putting in some more of my garden. Hope it doesn't snow!

No comments: