My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

FARMETTE NEWS

Caught one of my leghorn chickens eating an egg yesterday. Really ticked me off ... her running around with a half-eaten egg, playing keep-away with the other chickens. Even after I caught her, she refused to give it up.  Put her in isolation and will be including her with the others that are bound for "freezer camp".  Then thoroughly cleaned the nest box because there was raw egg all over it.

Hope she didn't teach the other chickens in that group about eating eggs.

HUGE wind storm today. Big weather system moving in. High on Saturday isn't expected to get out of the 50's. I'd forgotten how much I hate this wind out here.

Person expected to come out on Sunday (60's and clear, supposedly) to finish the chicken house and do the goat pen. Good. My poor 2 roosters in the goat pen are freaking out about the wind! Once the roof and walls are up and solid, we can move the rest of the hay into the goat pen. Easier for us to feed the girls during the worst blizzards.

Got a bunch of pea seeds in the mail yesterday. As soon as Hubby runs the Mantis through the garden, I'll sow them. Might eat some but for the most part, it's for fodder and green manure.

Two cords of firewood were delivered last weekend. Enough for us for the entire Winter. Almost have enough propane for the Winter too, but still need to get some more hay. Hay is in short supply around here, and what's available is really expensive. Putting up a stock of alfalfa pellets in case we can't find more hay that we can't afford.

I'll be glad when everything that absolutely necessary to be done is actually done. I want to relax at least a little bit during the Winter.

THEN I'll plan next year's fencing and gardening projects!

I LOVE that part!

No comments: