My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

SNAKE

Found a snake by my house this morning. Just a garter snake as I later discovered by googling "colorado snakes" but still is freaking me out. Especially since I found it by the back door, and after I screamed, it slithered under my garage.  MY GARAGE!

I'm still freaking.

Yes, I know they aren't poisonous but still, I hate snakes.

This weekend we're mowing, trimming and cleaning up all yard area near the house. And from now on, my son (and, of course all of us) are NOT allowed outside without wearing boots.

Hope my chickens go after the snakes and eat them.  Especially hope my mama hen with 6 2-week-old babies keeps them safe.

No comments: