My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

RAIN CAME

We got lots of rain yesterday. Those huge drops that really hurt when they smack your head. Today, in the beginning light of dawn, I checked the seedlings and plants. All ok. Whew! In fact, have even more seedlings, especially corn and winter squash. Woohoo!

Wish we could have seen the puppy yesterday. With Hubby unexpectedly leaving (father dying 2 states away), had to put the trip on the back burner, as well as planting the sunflowers, cucumbers, and melons. Maybe I can get to that tomorrow.

Task for today: on hold. Woke up with a splitting headache / migraine. I really can't get much done when it's here. Checking for messages and recipes, then getting offline and heading back to bed, migraprofen in hand, shades and curtains drawn, a/c on, and a cool washcloth at the ready. I'll keep the door open to listen to the sounds of the house and my Kid but hopefully a good nap under the influence will help me.

Have a good day.

No comments: