My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

GOAT BACHELOR PAD COMPLETED

Finally finally, after working two long hard days (well, not when it was raining), we pretty-much finished the buck pen. Nothing fancy. Just 18'x18' (about), welded-wire fencing and t-posts. Chain-link 6' gate.

Goat house is a truck topper on logs. Perfect for 1 nigerian dwarf wether and 1 la mancha/nigerian dwarf buck. They have to almost crawl to get inside, but it's big enough for them, probably another couple mini goats, and a bale of hay. Which they are thrilled about.

The fence in only 4' tall but when I have time, I'll add another 2' or so of poultry netting to add height. Not that my mini goats can jump over a 4' fence but they sure do try.

I'll take pix soon.

Got to the store today. Picked up some boards that I'll attach to the bottom of the fencing because they love to push against the fence to scratch their backs. Had to stop that somehow!

Also picked up some small collars for the goat babies. So cute! X-Small fits just perfect for now but probably within a couple of weeks, will need "S".

So much to do this coming week, but I'm already starting off tired. And sore! Slipped and fell a couple of times this weekend and geez, I'm a mess. Flat tire. Raw fingers (from my chemical allergy). Twisted knee. Family problems. Searching for funding for service dog.

ARGH!

No comments: