My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

GARDEN FINALLY STARTED

Because I'm tired, I'm gonna recycle something I wrote on my online self-sufficient life journal.  Please forgive me!

Yes, one of our goat babies is gone. Sold her yesterday. But still, I have 3 more goat babies, and we've decided to wait a few weeks before we post them for sale again. That gives us a little more time of cuddles. I love going out in the evening, sitting on the huge rock in the girl goat pen, and having the three remaining babies climb all over me, nibbling my pants, my hair, my fingers, and butting my hands for petting. LOVE it!

Finally getting my butt in gear and starting the garden. I know. I'm really late. I tire easily, especially in the heat. And Thursday's supposed to hit 91. Blech.

So today, I sowed seeds out front in three LITTLE areas:
(1) old leftover corn seeds, luffa gourds, cayenne peppers
(2) old leftover corn seeds, apple gourds, jalapeno peppers
(3) old leftover corn seeds, dipper gourds, hungarian hot yellow wax peppers

Yep. Experimenting. I don't really expect the corn seeds to sprout. And wanted the gourds way away from my eating-winter squash which will be in the backyard. And the hot peppers away from my bell peppers.

Tomorrow I'm moving all my pots that I put tomato plants in, down into the fenced off garden area. Didn't do a great job putting that fence and "gate" in so will move those pots early before I let out the chickens. Then put the tomato starts into their pots, and same for bell peppers, squash and so forth.

Who knows. I might actually get it done.

Shoot. I just realized I never ate dinner.

Somebody PLEASE send me some rain!

No comments: