My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

WIND A-GUSTIN

Massive wind storm today. Poor little chicks.

I have a pen of chicks in the goat pen, in their own separate 6x10 dog kennel. Last weekend I put in another 5 chicks in there, all about half the size of the others in there, so they were being picked on. Hadn't seen them in 2 days so I assumed they were either eaten or hiding. Yesterday was the first decent day so I let the older chicks out and closed the gate. Within minutes, the 5 little chicks came out of hiding. They got a chance to eat and drink without being bullied.

Did the same thing today. Glad I did. The wind gusts out here are close to 40 mph. The older chicks and the adults in a separate area are barely able to withstand the forces.

OOOh. Sounds like a star wars thing.

Sorry.

Still no goat babies from CC or Honey. Come on girls!

My kid got his schoolwork done in record time today. As I slept off the migraine (ok, part of it), he would finish an assignment and place it on top of me. Rolled over and all these things fell off of me. He's hilarious sometimes.

Got several chicks still available for sale. I called a lady in Colorado Springs yesterday and gave her the go-ahead to find a puppy for my Kid. Hoping that by the time she finds one, we'll have raised the $1,000 down payment. Meanwhile, I have lots to do to get this house ready for a puppy. Fun fun. Of all days for a migraine to hit.

Guess that's it for now. Time to collect eggs and fry them up. Yum!

No comments: