My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

PICTURES OF SNOW TAKEN THIS MORNING

Scene from my front window, my car. Front yard. Can't even see my beloved Rocky Mountains. Dying veggie plants. ARGH!
Scene from kitchen. Note that you can NOT see the potted squash plants and strawberries because they are covered in almost a foot of snow! What you see on the railing is what fell since my Kid brushed it clean last night.
As you can see, the goats haven't made an appearance as of this pic. Must still be hiding in the dog hosues, bottom right. Kennel in top right is where the goats munch on hay and feed, and is also where we keep the milking stanchion. Gonna put a water bucket in there this morning cuz I'm sure the other is frozen solid. Kennel to left in goat pen is where we have very young chickens .. hope they are all ok. To the left of the kennel is the new garden area we were setting up, and to far left of the pic is tarp-covered chick coops.
Here are the tarp-covered chick coops where the bantams and our meat chicks are. Can't even tell the Kid and I brushed off snow last night. Notice I covered one with a shower curtain and the other with a towel. I'm sure both are frozen but hopefully kept snow out from inside. Hope the gates are not frozen that I can open to put in feed and fresh water this morning. Lines on bottom show location of maternity ward.
Maternity ward: where one broody black australorp hen is sitting on 9 eggs. (Broody means she will sit on anything that resembles an egg because she wants to be a mom.) The eggs are due to hatch around May 28 ... hope she's not frozen in there. Looks like some snow got inside the coop. Poor thing.

No comments: