My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

CRUSHED MARAN

Came home from my Kid's EEG this morning (nothing abnormal) and went out to check on the goats. Still no babies. Then I heard this little peeping coming from one of our pens. A cuckoo maran (2 month old chick/chicken) had gotten stuck behind the little chicken house, between the fence and the board we'd attached to protect them from predators. It took a lot of bending the fencing to get her out.

Poor thing. Her little feet are bloody, she's can't walk, and her wing(s) seem damaged.

We've brought her inside so recuperate and get cuddles and TLC. The Kid held her while I got a spot ready for her. Was very sweet to her.

Thinking he might be thinking more about others and their suffering.

Meanwhile, since I didn't sleep more than 30 minutes last night, I'm gonna take a little nap until the current rain shower is done.

Yeah, right.

No comments: