My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Preparing for Any Eventuality

I've been working to become organized, and to prepare myself for any eventuality but I failed miserably. No problem. Gonna pick myself up and start again.

What happened?

My son happened. He's always been a handful, and in the middle of most of the arguments between Hubby and I. Now he's been diagnosed as developmentally disabled. That explains a lot. But I wasn't prepared. I mean, who prepares for things like that?!

So while I'm organizing myself and my home, I'm also organizing my mind. But since I have almost no memory (almost never sleep), I have to write it all down. Plan it all out on paper.

My 2011 calendar and address books are getting quite full. I type out my notes, organize them, reduce them, and cut them out/tape them into these booklets. Carry them everywhere. Refer to them as needed.

I'm bound and determined to get through this a better person.

And become more prepared for "any eventuality".

No comments: