My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Saying Goodbye to a Family Member

We let our Ruby-Eyed White French Angora rabbit go today. This breed takes a lot of care, combing the fiber regularly to prevent matting, and generally letting them exercise and eat healthy. I did the best I could, but with everything else on my plate, I just couldn't give Blanca the care she needed.

The lady that originally sold her to us 18 months ago took her back. She's going to clean her up, get her ready to show, and hopefully find her a great new home.

We'll miss her.
(Her fiber did make really great candle-wicking material! Will probably get a replacement down the road when things at home even out.)

No comments: