My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Pix of Quail and Rabbit

It's windy today. Way too windy to do any planting or building outside.... so I took some pics this morning. The rest of the day was supposed to be spent publishing my Kid's haiku book, writing and soap-making! However, my left arm is so messed up that I can barely do anything. The Kid's book is a priority. Then starting Hubby's porkchop dinner in the crockpot. Then lots of pain meds.

This is Blanca, our ruby-eyed french angora bunny rabbit. She's ruby-eyed (red-eyed) because she's an albino, which means no pigment in her skin or anything else. She can't be out in the sun, and definitely prefers cold over warmth. The above shows her munching on a dandelion leaf that I picked on the way out to the barn. Unfortunately, we have a large supply of them.

Here's Blanca contemplating jumping from her cage down 3 feet to the floor. Hmmm... better not. The big person has a hand-full of hay for me!

The above is a pic of our quail: Pecka the girl is on the right, kinda crouched down, and Fella (formerlly Ella) is on the left, keeping watch over his girl. Pecka has had a rough few days, and it's kinda cool that Fella is showing his concern. I think the flax seeds I gave them yesterday helped perk her up a bit. Well, I can only hope. I'd hate to lose her.

No comments: