My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

No farmers market this weekend

I threw my back out this week. Filled a small kiddie pool, located in our green upstairs bedroom, with compost and planted my european mesclun salad mix seedlings. By the time I was done, I couldn't straighten up. Kept hoping my back would feel better but here it is, late Friday evening and I can barely move. Guess no farmers market this weekend.

A shipment of douglas fir tree-lings and holly bushes arrived today so maybe I'll stay home tomorrow and direct Hubby in their planting. Windbreak!

No egg today from Henny Penny but did get one from the quail. Wow. Which reminds me...

Being a hobby farmer or market farmer isn't gonna work for us. At least, not using those terms. Turns out we can't really sell produce and eggs and such (especially out of our home) unless we change our homeowners insurance to farm/ranch insurance. That's another mint, but strongly suggested (read: required) in case someone gets sick or trips or something. So Hubby and I came up with an alternative plan for income from our small plot of land. Good thing we found this out before we invested the time, seeds, space and energy into growing market produce.

Plan on making more soaps, eye pillows, sachets and pillows next week. AND getting our pumpkin and decorative gourd seeds started. Only 2 weeks till planting time. Ooooh... that means I really should start our corn too! Yummy.

ok... it's late and I still need to take my pain thingies and go to bed.

No comments: