My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Arm still messed up, and more

I'm still in major pain from whatever I did to my arm last weekend. Not getting anything done.

Very late in getting the garden's raised beds built and filled and planted. I hate that. I have lots of seedlings ready for the ground ... they are overtaking my garden room!

Got my holly bushes and trees in the mail on Saturday (I think) and still haven't planted them. Hope they stay alive long enough to get them in the ground.

Still need to repair the goat house, and finish building the first chicken coop so we can get Henny Penny in it. Then we can clean out her temp coop and get half of the baby chicks in that one.

Glad Hubby is taking off Thur and Fri so we can have 4 whole days to get projects done. I'll do as much as I can, but I hate it when my body won't keep up with my project list.

As far as the Kid .... his toenails are healing. Good enough for him to want to go out and play with the new neighbor next door. I told him if you feel that good, you can do your chores. Ah, no. Don't feel that good. Yeah, I figured.

I think our quail have had it. Pecka hasn't laid an egg in almost a week, and still crouches there.

And I'm pretty sure the quail eggs in the incubator won't hatch because I can't get the temperature to regulate! Do NOT buy the Chick-bator or whatever else you find it being called. You have to manually turn the eggs twice a day. It does come with a little thermometer but no way to regulate the temp. It includes 1 piece of aluminum foil that you are supposed to make into two strips. One goes in the bottom of the yellow bowl, and hold the second in reserve as needed. But my house has been in the 60's, so the temp in the chickbator was hovering until 90. Need it to be smack at 100 degrees. I added more foil around it which helps but as the temp in the house fluctuates, so does the chickbator.

Never again. I need a silkie hen to hatch my eggs. And now that Pecka isn't laying, I won't ever have any of her kids. I'm really angry that I spent our hard-earned money on something that was supposed to work, and doesn't.

= = = =

As a side note, we are having yet another horrible wind storm. Just had to chase down one of the plastic kiddie pools that we had on the deck, waiting for dirt and my cabbage plants. Well, those, and a few other seedlings that just can't wait until the rest of the garden's raised beds are built and filled.

Had to put the goaties back in the workshop/barn because the little things were getting so scared out there in the wind.

Did we pick the right place for our very-last-home? So windy that I'm afraid to get the plants planted.

1 comment:

Trashdigger said...

you are brave. that area is known for wind hail thunderstorms and even tornados..