My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

9 week old kitten joins the family

We went to the animal swap this morning with the intention of getting a silky chicken (to brood later) or perhaps a milking goat or good livestock puppy. Came home with a "free" kitten. Huh? I really didn't want one because I'm allergic. But the Kid talked me into this little thing, and Hubby reminded me that we needed a mouser.

It's from a family of barn cats. That means it should automatically know what to do when a mouse tries to sneak by?

We just got a kitty litter box and kitten food and bowls and toys and argh! How much does one kitten need?

Now my quest... to get information on:
-getting this kitten at home with us
-getting this kitten to use the litter box in the basement
-introducing this kitten to our baby chicks
-getting this kitten to not eat our chickens or quail
-raising this kitten to be a barn cat and mouser
-do we kitten-proof the house?
-convincing this kitten to stay on or near our property, calling this home

AND... to go along with my series on what to grow to feed our animals... I gotta figure out THAT part for the cat.

Help!

No comments: