My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Tax Day Cometh

First things first ... Happy Birthday, sis. It's another year and that means another year I haven't seen you. Hope you enjoy your day.

Second, we had our taxes done yesterday. At least, started. Found out that because we sold our (last) house so soon after purchasing, we owe "capital gains tax" which means we need to dig out some paperwork. Basically, even when we find the original purchase paperwork, we'll still owe about, well, let's just say ... anybody want to buy a Kid?!?! Believe me, it's enough to where we have to put our fencing on hold.

I think that I'll advise people ... if you want a homestead, you need to have money in the bank for everything you need to do to it: planting, fencing, animals, animal shelters, well and septic check and so much more.

Hmmm... guess I better do some writing this week. And starting some lettuce, broccoli and cabbage seeds to sell.

Anybody want some lettuce seedlings? Only $500 per flat!!!

JK

No comments: