My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Unpacking is fun. Not.

I went back to bed after Hubby left. After all, he needs to leave the house by 5:45 to get to work by 7 a.m. I slept well until the Kid started pacing and woke me up. After he finished breakfast, we got to looking for the box of his schoolwork. And searched and searched and searched.

Irritating. The movers ignored all of my signs on the boxes, and just put them where they felt like it. Idiots. Can't believe I paid them. Unbelievable that the boxes marked "orange room downstairs" (schoolroom) were found everywhere from the kitchen to the dining room to the family room. And so on.

After a couple of hours of searching, I gave up. I'd pulled several more muscles, so spaced the search over the next few hours. He played with long-forgotten legos, helping me from time to time. We got 3 big boxes of books unpacked onto shelves, and finally found the box of vitamins (important!), the box of plates and bowls, the missing box of schoolwork (tomorrow!) and my double-crockpot. I might be able to cook tomorrow!

I did reorganize the boxes while I searched, opening to check for importance. I moved the un-urgent ones to the edge of the rooms, stacking as tall as I could. We can at least walk through the kitchen now, and the front room is ready for the dining room table to be reassembled. We might actually eat dinner there tomorrow. What a hoot.

Ok. I'm tired and done for the day. Good night, all.

No comments: