My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Packing Going Slow

I was up at 6 a.m. this morning to start packing, and by 6:45 threw my back out. Getting ever so much done. Not.

And the helper/packer I got today isn't what, rather who, I expected. Not very happy.

Hubby and the Kid are taking a load of mostly plants to the house, move the painting stuff out of the living room so we can get boxes and furniture in there tomorrow, remove the radon re-test kit that's been running since Saturday, and a few other things. He was going to go to the feed store to get a few things we need, like more food for our rabbit, but since I'm uncomfortable being alone with this packer, he's coming right home.

I think what's going to happen is maybe the kitchen will be done today. The movers will be here tomorrow and will take everything that's in a box plus furniture. Then if there's anything leftover, maybe I'll come back with a different helper and a bigger trailer on Thursday to get the rest. Still need to come back on weekend to clean.

Why hasn't teleportation been invented yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hire a pro - it makes a huge difference. I have moved with no-name movers, and big name movers, and done it myself, and I think big name is better.

I used Cowboy moving and storage last time, and have few complaints. However, they have new management since I last moved (ten years ago) so I don't know.

I hired the cut rate guys, and a two man team took 13 hours to pack and move my stuff, with me and another helper pitching right in.

The big name pros moved the same stuff more quickly - I don't remember exactly how long it took - but it wasn't an exhausting day like the other one. I did have somebody come out the day before and pack the dishes beforehand, which sped up the whole process.

Hire the experts - they are way better than a couple of friends with trucks, even if they do cost more. They know how to pack stuff, move stuff, unload stuff, etc.

The other tip is to use different colors of tape to show which room stuff goes in on the other end - blue for kitchen, red for master bedroom, etc. Moves things along more quickly.