My current home doesn't have a verandah but I'd like it to! A long porch surrounding the entire house. With a porch swing, potted blueberry plants, and a long strong dog laying at my feet. The sweet smell of lrosemary and freshly-turned soil wafting across my yard. The chickens clucking contentedly as they scratch for goodies in the fertile dirt. Knowing we have a full root cellar, trees in the orchard about to drop their bounty, and soup made all from hand-picked harvests bubbling in the crockpot. Heaven.

Please move with me over to my current blog, ... thank you!

Ow. Ow. Ow.

Tuesday I met 2 temporary workers there to get some painting done. And even tho I'm not supposed to raise my arms, I felt so guilty watching them work so I did some too. After 4 1/2 hours, working a few minutes at a time with long breaks in between, we quit for the day.

The kitchen got a complete coat of KILZ on it (like a primer) and a partial coat of the right color, and most of the dining room done. That's Tuesday.

I could barely move by the time we drove the hour-plus home.

Hubby had Wednesday off, but I had hired those same temp workers to come back to the new house at 7 a.m. so the Kid and I were up and out of the house by 5:45 a.m. Hubby hung back so he could pick up the U-Haul at 7 and meet his temp workers (movers) at 8:00. The Kid and I helped paint a little but my two temps did most of it. By the time we had finished for the day, the dining room was 100% done, the living room and foyer were 90% done, and the kitchen was about the same, except behind the fridge. We finished that part completely early in the day.

The refrigerator was supposed to be delivered at 10:30. I called them at 11:30 and they said it would be another couple of hours. Hubby got there with the full truck (from our storage units only) and had it unloaded (I directed) and was on the way back to return it and the workers before the fridge arrived at 3:30. At least the paint was dry behind the fridge! Unfortunately we couldn't find the valve for the water for the ice maker/water dispenser so... another task to handle. Later.

Hubby was tired and sore from all the moving but he's better today except for a bit of twinge in his lower back. The Kid, while he helped some, spent most of the day at the back neighbors with the chickens, turkeys and goats. I, however, can barely move today. I can't stand to have people do work for me and not contribute but I'm paying for it... both physically and literally. I have problems with gripping with my hands anyway, and now that I've held a paint roller and brushes in them, I can barely type, and my hands keep cramping up. I squatted to get some lower areas on the wall so my legs refused to move, and don't get me started about my shoulders and back.

But... I have chores and laundry to do. I brought home enough paint on my socks and clothing to open a store. I finally got the droplets off my glasses and out of my hair.

Ok. I'll admit. I am NOT a painter.

Give me a couple of days to recuperate, then I'll be back online. My hands are cramping as I type and I need to soak them in between catching up on chores.

Ugh. And packing. Ugh.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Vikki -

I found your blog and I'm interested in advertising on it; and as I'm looking around it looks like you're in or near Elizabeth, CO? Which is funny, since we're here in Elizabeth... anyhow - my site is:

Let me know if you'd be interested in working with me!