My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Day 3 in our new home

We got a late start to the house yesterday. We were all aching from Saturday so moved a little slowly but still... we were packing up the trailer by 9:30 and on our way to mom-in-law's house to pick her up by 10:20. At the house by 11:45 and started unloading. I got more stuff in the pantry, some dishes in the cabinets, and MIL helped me pick out colors to paint the walls while Hubby worked on changing the garage door key codes (finally done) and the front door locks (previous owner had really screwed it up).

I'm not going today. Hubby has to work, and I have to work on the Kid's schoolwork. But I'll try to pick up some cans of paint so I can drive up and paint tomorrow. And believe me.. it needs it! Here's what we were left with:
-master suite: dark brown walls
-other bdrm suite: light blue walls but closet and bathroom painted deep/bright purple!
-upstairs half bath: puke green
-kitchen: DArk avocado green
-dining room: mauve and brown
-living room: mauve, brown and purple
-school room: bright orange
-Kid's basement bedroom: pink, purple, blue, green, yellow

Yep. I need to get some paint on those walls pretty quickly. I had nightmares last night about the purple in that one bedroom suite. If that happens after just glancing at it a few times yesterday, can you imagine how it will be when we're living there full time!

Plus the fridge will be delivered Wednesday. I want to at least paint where it will be placed so we won't need to move it once installed. I won't be able to get a lot painted because I can't really move my arm above shoulder-height but I can get a start, right?

I have some plastic walk-way squares that I used at our last house to walk through the garden. I need to install them as quick as possible at our new house because we're tracking in so much sand and rocks. There's no sidewalk or anything paved so it's straight from the sandy driveway to the front door across gravel and sand. If I just knew where they were!!!

Hmmm... maybe I'll make some bread today. And some crockpot soup. It's very cold and snowy. Yep, that sounds like a good dinner.

Have a great day, all! V

2 comments:

Bellen said...

New house sounds colorful - I wonder what color their furniture, curtains,& bedspreads were?

Kid's basement bedroom - I'm always cautious of basement bedrooms - is it a legal bedroom? Does it have a proper egress? If you are not sure, check with the local code enforcement. You would not want to put anyone at risk.

In the meantime, be sure to include lots of rest time between projects, your body will appreciate it.

Vee said...

Bellen: Yes, the basement bedroom is legal, with closet and all. The basement is a walk-out as most of the houses in the area are. It's very hilly, and our house is on top of a ridge.

As to the colors of bedspreads, etc. ... I'll dig up my pix from the inspection and see about posting them. Good idea!

Vikki