My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Pix of New House

As I wrote yesterday (or was it Saturday?), the inspection of our new house (homestead-to-be) went well. We will have to make some improvements, like replace the roof and furnace within the next year or two, and the soil is mostly sand and weeds, but we're still excited. The inspector gave his opinion that it was a good house, and worth the money and trouble.



I took this first pic (above) as we drove up for the inspection. Hubby let me out and drove on while I took some pix. Isn't it great? Lots of front space. On the left (north) side of the driveway we'll plant the taller trees like walnut, pecans, apples, etc. On the right (south) side we'll plant the bayberry and elderberry bushes, plus all of those berry brambles and bushes like blueberry and raspberry. Gotta have our berries!

ABOVE: I started walking the property line, to see where we'll need to lay fence or fix existing fences. Imagine my surprise when I looked up at our next-door-neighbor's property and saw these alpacas looking at me. Stopped by that fence, perhaps they wanted to come over and say hi.

ABOVE: While I was out walking, I saw these guys at a back-of-the-property neighbor. Actually a whole fenced-in area with lots of critters. Notice the two guinea fowl on the right, and the white chicken. What kind is it?


ABOVE: Love it! Here are more of the poultry in the neighbor's yard. I tried to take a good picture of the turkey (to the left) but it wouldn't stay still! It sure did gobble loudly tho. As did the rooster.


ABOVE: And looky here! See that black critter towards the right? It's a goat. Can't tell what kind as I couldn't get close enough but it sure does stand nicely. Wonder if it's the only one?


= = = =

Hubby said he heard ducks across the street, too There are also horses and cows on this "block" too. I'm glad we're not going to be the only "weird" ones in the area. Won't have to worry about breaking any rules because it's obvious that the subdivision is ok with farm animals / livestock.

We are soooo excited now. Even more! I wonder if I'll be able to keep the Kid out of the neighbors yards, especially the one with the alpacas. Hey! Here's a thought. IF they have the alpacas to sell the wool, wonder if they need any angora fiber to go with it? We can provide! Beautiful white angora rabbit wool.

Just my thoughts.

No comments: