My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Julie and Julia movie

I just watched the movie "Julie and Julia" - the one about Julie the blogger who cooked Julia Childs' 524 recipes in 365 days. It was delightlful and quite inspiring.

Believe me, I have no delusions about being a great author. I mean, I write non-fiction, and way back when, I wrote fiction and published too. But I'm not Mark Twain (my Great-Times-5 Uncle). I write the way I think, which can be quite scattered and ADHD-like. I meander, moving from cooking to gardening to politics and so much more. But I tried, with separate blogs, to separate my thoughts into the categories and thus the blogs where they belonged, and it just didn't work.

So while I very much enjoyed the movie, and quite admired the dedication of Julie Powell, it's just not me.

Do you want to hear all of my thoughts? I have so many that never make it to the "page". I edit what I speak to people, and even more what I type. I mean, who wants to read about every frustration about this buying-of-the-mini-farm process? Or that I did a load of laundry at 5:30 this morning, after which I did a load of dishes? Or that more paperwork required by our loan processor didn't make it through last night and I had to re-email all of it first thing this morning (incidentally, while the load of laundry was going)? Maybe you want to read about my frustration with Hubby for not helping more with the cooking and other chores? Or that I really appreciate the things that Hubby does? Or that the Kid failed the quiz I gave him yesterday on Watership Down and am giving him a re-do today after he re-reads the book? (The book bored him ... oh mom, why can't I read something I want to read?).

Would you prefer that I stick with the topics of gardening, animal husbandry, self-sufficiency living, small homesteading and cooking? Perhaps a little "survival" and homeschooling thrown in? Or do you want me to just write what's on my mind?

I'm listening. Er, reading.

No comments: