My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Gonna see the goaties!

We're leaving in about an hour to go meet our goaties ... CM2 is the one who's pregnant but we're not sure when she's due with her first kids, and her mom, Lili is due to pop any day now. We might take one of her does, assuming she has some.

After we meet the goaties, we'll be heading to see a 5x8 trailer that we'll need. We'll use it to help us move first, then move our goaties and other livestock, and perhaps our produce to market (later on down the road and after a thorough cleaning!).

Busy day!

We looked at refrigerators last night. Did you know that side-by-side refrigerators come with external ice/water dispensers and that it would be much more expensive IF we could actually find a model without it? We don't eat ice, but I've always dreamed of a side-by-side so.... well, we DO drink a lot of water!

We also picked up some paint samples last night. Now I need to go to a wall-paper store. Couldn't believe Home Depot doesn't do wallpaper. Weird.

Elephants above us woke us up this morning stomping and screaming at 5:48. A.M. Early. I am soooo not happy.

Guess that's it for now. Have to dry my hair and braid it so little goaties don't munch on it. We'll take pictures and post them either tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait!

Um... am I **too** excited?!?!

2 comments:

Bellen said...

Don't know where you looked for refrig, but in our area, refrigs with top or bottom freezer, not side by side, are more prevalent. Also, side by sides do not store foods conveniently, check for baskets, pull out drawers, room for roasting chickens/turkeys. The water/ice feature uses up room on the door and inside and is a place for loss of cold air. Mine is a trial but because of the price ($300 for a 3 year old model from someone losing their house) I'm making do. Had to add baskets, only freeze in square container or foil (which I reuse).

Wallpaper at Home Depot - the 2 in our area of SW FL have it, lots of it.

Vee said...

Bellen: Our local home depot said they've stopped carrying wallpaper, except for some kid stuff. Weird how different areas have different stock.

Fridge: I don't need a lot of drawers because I store things in shoe-box-type-tubs, each labeled. Like goat cheese is separate from organic cow milk cheese, separate from the cheap stuff that I eat. Same with the different breads: regular homemade for Hubby, one for gluten-free breads for the kid, one for gf desserts, etc. I also have one for quail eggs.

I don't like the top freezer because it seems like I am just stuffing stuff on top of each and finding ways for it to NOT fall out when I open the door. We do drink a lot of water so with the attached purifier (we'll be on well-water), we'll be ok. Kid is actually excited, and so am I. Or getting there!

V