My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Cell Phone Texting, Schoolwork,

I have another dentist appointment tomorrow. This time, with the people who did my teeth in December/January and who messed things up. Supposedly they'll fix things now but I'm even more nervous than usual. I'll try the suggested lamaze breathing and take my headset.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

Early yesterday morning they sent me a reminder text. On my cell phone. AND my Hubby's cell phone. I hate that. We don't have unlimited or free text messages, so the fact that someone presumed to send a text asking me to text back to confirm an appointment.... ludicrous! The receptionist just called to confirm because I didn't text back. I explained that we don't want text messages because of our plan restrictions, and she was apologetic, but still... do people automatically assume that any cell phone is fair game for text messages?

= = = =

We bought a cargo trailer yesterday. Besides saving us money on the moving we'll be doing over the next few weeks, we'll use it to move our little furried and feathered friends, and produce to possibly the market. Hoping it will pay for itself.

It's so cool ... the people who sold it hadn't taken off all of their decals, leaving on two large decals of wizards! Love it!

= = = =

The Kid is suddenly falling into a pattern of schoolwork. Perhaps I'm not assigning enough! Today he started by 9:30 and was done by 2:00, including his 10 minutes of meditation, taking breaks in between, eating snacks, and doing some chores (taking out trash and picking up the mail while trudging through snow). He did a great job with math, spanish, reading his 1 chapter in Animal Farm (he loves the book so far!) and history. I'm glad I changed to a calendar year, 12 months, instead of 9 months starting in the Fall. I feel like I can spread it out a little bit more, with smaller but significant assignments, and that it won't all "leak" out during the 3 months off. He gets days off here and there, and a week or two around holidays and his birthday. PLUS... Fridays are very easy days, with assignments in only art, music, and "life skills".

I'm very proud of him.

= = = =

The neighbors above us were at it again last night. Er, this morning. Stomping. Screaming and yelling. Running. I guess my 3 hours of sleep is better than zero but still.....

Buying this little homestead is a good thing. Moving and packing... not so much. I really hate this part. I am so very glad that we don't ever plan to move again.

No comments: