My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Sarah Palin + Fox News = Boycott

I usually don't write about politics. I'm didn't graduate as a poli sci major, I vote my conscience but not necessarily the party, and I live my life as best I can. HOWEVER... I'm making an exception tonight.

Hubby just told me that Sarah Palin was talking about joining Fox News in some capacity. I waved my hands and poo-poo'd the idea. Fox would never be so terribly idiotic, especially after the book that came out today about how horrible she was during her Vice-Presidential campaign.

Boy was I wrong. Hubby brought up the info on his computer and proved it. Sarah Palin has signed a multi-year deal to offer her political commentary and analysis across all Fox News platforms, including Fox Business Channel, FoxNews.com and Fox News Radio. She will also participate in special event political programming for Fox Broadcasting.

Really? The twit who couldn't name a couple of decent media during her Katie interview? Who can't quite control what comes out of her mouth? Who has hinted that she wants to run for President in 2012 (like 2 years of governership and being a news contributor will qualify her for THAT job!)? Who wrote (ha!) one of the most BORING books ever to be released?

Fox... you made a stupid mistake. Sure she's a hot ticket. You met her price, right? You wanted to strike while the iron was (somewhat) hot. Yep, people will tune in out of curiosity. For a while. What happens when people get bored with her petty anecdotes and sprawling drawl? I'm gonna beat the rush and NOT watch Fox news programs at all. How about... not watch Fox channels at all! I realize I'm just one little old person but it will make me feel better to boycott a TV network that makes such idiotic choices.

= = = =

As a sidenote, at 9:09 p.m. we found another egg from a quail! This time, we were anticipating it, and just missed it's laying by about 5 minutes. We know who it came from too.

And the quail with the injured eye is getting worse. We might have to, er, execute the plan. Argh. Gonna watch over the next day. Hubby will decide when he gets home from work tomorrow.

= = = =

I made quinoa/oatmeal for dinner tonight. One cup of quinoa, one cup of gluten-free oats and 3 cups of water. Placed in a crockpot, on high, and it was ready about 3 hours later. Added a little sugar and butter and yum! Quick gluten-free meal. Just added carrots, peas, and some walnuts. Well, not IN the quinoa/oatmeal!

2 comments:

Melonie said...

While I won't be tuning in to Fox news any extra because of Palin, I do have to point out that she didn't just spring into office as Governor. She was on the Wasilla, AK city council for 4 years (1992 - 1996) and was the Wasilla mayor for 6 years (1996-2002). So technically she does have more political experience than some folks realize. :-)

That said, I do think that it's a risky move for Fox to sign her - folks are either going to jump on board because they are already Fox viewers and/or Palin supporters, or they are going to ditch being viewers because they disagree with her.

Eh well - I prefer to just read the headlines online anyway. Learned many years ago that the MSM doesn't really cover what I feel is truly important most of the time anyway. ;-)

Congrats on the extra egg - hope the quail with the eye problem is looking better before s/he ends up in the frying pan (or stock pot, etc).

Anonymous said...

My Mama said if I don't have something nice to say do say anything. I never listened to Mama very much but I will say since you can't watch get the truth from any other news channel if you boycott Fox you have to get all your info from the internet. I like to have a variety of sources. Ms Palin has more experience than the yahoo we have now as President. He wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him in the face as it was coming out his mouth. As for me this change is not working!
GRITS