My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Recipe: Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

I'm making this for dinner, and boy, my home smells good! We decided to have some steaks from the freezer which I marinated in toasted sesame seed oil, garlic and onion powders. With that, we decided against rice and voted for potatoes, since we still have about 70 pounds to get through before Spring.

Ingredients:
potatoes (you choose what kind!)
1 medium onion
olive oil
garlic powder
fresh or dried rosemary

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and cut potatoes into chunks (unless they are fingerlings then leave whole). Add to an appropriate size bowl. Cut onion into chunks and add it. Pour over olive oil (about 1/2 cup, depends on how many potatoes you want to coat). Add a few shakes of garlic powder and a few tablespoons of rosemary (I prefer crushed because I don't like chomping down on sticks!). Mix well (I made my Hubby get his hands in there!) to completely coat all of the potatoes. Pour onto baking (cookie) sheet. Loosely place a piece of tin foil on top (to avoid that ugly oil splattering in your oven) and place on middle rack. Roast until done, about 20-30 minutes! // Remember, I don't usually measure when I'm creating a recipe!

= = = =

The Kid got baked beans with leftover organic hot dogs cut up in them. I jetted off to the local King Soopers early this morning and asked the meat people if there were any kinds of bacon that didn't have nitrites in them. I'm finding they really mess with the Kid. I happened upon Molly who directed me to a new Hormel line that is organic with no nitrites. The bacon just happened to be onsale so I bought 5 packages, and a pkg of (cooked) chicken pieces and a pkg of turkey -- all nitrite free. Thank goodness!

= = = =

I'm all ready for next week. First thing tomorrow morning, well, at a reasonable time, I'm calling our agent and making sure we get an answer about our offer... on MONDAY. We're tired of waiting. Perhaps we should keep looking. Then I'm going to work on a subject for the Kid's Life Skills course. Then I have our business to work on. Plus I want to do some baking, resaerching and writing. Busy busy! Vikki

No comments: