My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Credit Nightmare

I don't use credit cards. Haven't had one for about 13 years... since my Kid was a newborn. Decided if I didn't have the money, I couldn't afford it. I was absolutely fine with not using a credit card (I use my debit card and keep track of every expense.) So my credit report shows almost no activity in the last 13 years.

But... I checked my credit score, and it was pretty low because of the no-credit-card thing. Or, I thought. I applied for a credit card not too long ago... just to use once a month, and pay it off immediately. That was supposed to get my credit score up. I was denied. Huh? So I tried to get my credit report, and was denied that too. Because I didn't answer correctly about a loan taken out under my social security number a few years ago. I didn't take out any loans for anything in quite a while.

Red flag.

I sent off all of the required paperwork, but got a letter from one of the three big credit report places. They needed more documentation about my current address. I called them. Turns out they have the wrong address! That means someone has ... I don't know. Done something.

So I'm in the process of fixing it. Thankfully we won't put the mortgage under my name at all, so the purchasing of the house won't be a problem. Unfortunately, it appears that something is really really wrong. I put on a fraud alert on my account. That lasts for only a specific amount of time so I hope I can fix the problem by then.

Geez.

Unbelievable.

No comments: