My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Walnut Cinnamon Bread

Finally got around to posting pic 12/31/09:


I had such fun making the Simple Yeast Bread that I experimented a little yesterday. I took the recipe and did this with it:

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup oil

1 pkg/1 teaspoon bread machine yeast

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Place all ingredients (except walnuts) in bread machine pan in order per your machine's manufacturer's instructions. When the dough is well mixed, open the lid while it continues to mix and add the walnuts, a few at a time, until all are incorporated. Sounds kinda funny but well worth it! I baked with a medium crust, on quick-bake setting.

This was almost like eating a cinnamon roll. Perfect for a filling breakfast!

No comments: