My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Twice-Baked Potatoes

Finally got around to posting pic on 12/31/09 - this is my Kid's plate with his taters (note the large amount of sour cream), sliced apple and baby carrots. Typical meal for him.

Here's another thing to do with some of the many potatoes I have left in my cold-storage (i.e. garage!). Since my Kid loves a baked potato, I baked several the other day, and after he ate his fill, I did this with the rest:

Ingredients:
baking potatoes
butter
real-bacon pieces
parmesan cheese

Directions:
Bake potatoes. Cut in half and scoop out pulp. Mash the potato pulp with milk, butter, parm cheese and bacon. Add salt/pepper to taste (but not in my house!). Refill the potato halves. Wrap each half in freezer paper or aluminum foil. I stuff several in a freezer container, labeled, and in the chest freezer. Freeze for 4-6 months.

When the Kid wants a potato, he gets one or two out of the freezer, unwraps, place in a baking dish and then in the pre-heated oven (325 degrees F for 30 minutes). He usually adds grated cheese and lots of sour cream to eat!

This is a very filling meal for such a hungry teen. Add a few carrots, a handful of raw baby spinach leaves and an apple, and he's happy!

1 comment:

Trashdigger said...

my kids love fried potatoes and onion with jalapenos.. Daddy like them too.

glad to see you got the taters.. We got a cuppla $5.88 turkeys for the cold times ahead.. NOthing says warm like a turkey in the oven