My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Recipe to Make Potato Starch

I often buy potato starch because I add it to recipes when making a gluten-free batter. It just makes the batter a little bit lighter. I was researching what to do with the 100 pounds of potatoes I bought recently when they were on sale for .99 cents per 10-pound bag (!!!) and found these instructions:
  1. Peel and grate raw potatoes.
  2. Place the potatoes in a double layer of cheesecloth and squeeze the liquid from the potatoes into a bowl.
  3. Let the liquid sit for a little while.
  4. Carefully pour off the accumulated water into another bowl (to be used as added liquid in other recipes).
  5. The remaining potato stuff in the first bowl is potato starch!

I need to get some more cheesecloth, then I'll be trying this. Has anyone reading tried this?

Vikki

1 comment:

Vee said...

Enjoy. Let me know how it turns out. Vikki