My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Happy Birthday, Dad

I really appreciate my father. He wasn't around much when we girls were young, but he was a strong presence. As I grew up and went out on my own, HE was the one I could count on. When my health began to fail, he and his new wife (well, they've been together for about 25 years!) were unfailing in their support. Now that I live so far away, and am married with a 13 year old Kid, he listens, offers advise when asked, and gives off-handed comments that tells me, wonder of wonders, he respects me as a person.

Happy Birthday, Dad. Hope your gift got to you on time. You are in my thoughts. V

No comments: