My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Sinple Yeast Bread

I came up with this recipe this weekend and made it twice! Both times it disappeared quickly! Best for bread machine, but I'm sure you could adapt it for hand-kneaded and oven-baked.

My bread machine requires the liquid first, then flour (dry ingredients) and then the yeast. Makes a 1 pound loaf.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup oil

1 pkg or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast

Directions:
Place all ingredients in bread machine in order required by manufacturer. I use the medium crust setting and the quick bake because I'm impatient! The first time I didn't measure the yeast quite right and it rose so high it stuck to the top. The second time, I measured!

Delicious!

2 comments:

John Milandred said...

Sounds yummy. Look at our site www.pioneerliving.net also can you email me I would like to talk! pioneerliving@pioneerliving.net

Thank you,

John

Vee said...

John: Would love to talk too! vikkibooks at yahoo dot com