My current home doesn't have a verandah or even a porch but I dream of owning a little farmette again, with a verandah overlooking chickens, goats and gardens. Absolute heaven!

Pictures of our goats

Here are the latest pictures of our goats, taken on March 31! CM2 is the pregnant one, due sometime late April, I think. Honey and Hawk will be 6 weeks old on April 8. We should have the "kids" by the end of April (hopefully earlier). CM2, of course, will need to wean her kids first before she can come home. I hope they like the pen and "barn" we designed.

CM2 above.

Honey above. Nice white ring around her back and chest! Love the pink nose and black "lips" too.

Here's Hawk! Love the mohawk, after which he's named. And we like the "pants" he's wearing ... interesting. He's already a wether and ever so cute.

= = = =


The Kid didn't sleep well in his new room the last couple of nights. Very dark and further away from me than he's ever been at night. I hope he can settle in soon.

Just in case, he and I worked yesterday on painting the upstairs room that he was occupying until he moved to the basement. I couldn't get much done.... my shoulders ache and hands cramp still from Sunday's task. Still, I'd do a little, rest, do a little more, rest, etc. By the end of the day, there was only a small portion still to be rollered, and then all of the high places by the ceiling and the edges around the baseboard, windows and doors. (Hubby will do those probably this weekend.) I even got that horrible ugly purple closet painted .... ALL of the shelves, including the underneaths. We couldn't believe that anyone would take out the closet rod and fill it with shelves, then paint it vibrant purple ... every inch of it! I couldn't reach the upper part so I'm just gonna leave it as is. Our guests will enjoy seeing the purple and knowing we weren't exaggerating about the colors the former owners chose.

Anyway... if the Kid needs to come back up here, I hope the bedroom and attached bathroom will be ready soon.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Urban Green is not affiliated with Earthboxes since he has pages of instructions on how to build your own with recycled materials.

Having lived on nearly 7 acres at 7500 ft, it's nice to have some fresh tomatoes in containers on the porch after the snow (in June) and the hail in July has just reduced your crop to shreds.

Hawkey is just the cutest goat ever!

Vee said...

Diane: Thanks. I apologize for misunderstanding. As far as the odd weather we have here... I definitely don't want to lose tomatoes to snow or hail ... hoping we don't get hail because I am planting a lot of corn, beans, pumpkins and especially other winter squash in addition to tomatoes, peppers, etc. Want to grow enough to feed our family for a year.

Isn't he? Can't wait to meet him ... just about 3 weeks away from bringing him and Honeysuckle home. Sooo excited!

Vikki